Sellers may provide legal notices to us for publication as part of a listing.
A seller must ensure that:
- the seller’s legal notices are sufficient to meet the seller’s legal disclosure obligations and other legal obligations; and
- the seller complies with all other laws applicable to their listings and sales, including where applicable the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
Except to the extent that a buyer and seller expressly agree otherwise (but subject to the mandatory requirements of applicable law), the following provisions will be incorporated into the contract of sale and purchase between the buyer and the seller:
- the price for a lot sold by auction will be the successful bid price at the end of the auction period, and the price for lots sold in the purchase now period will be as stated through our services when the parties enter into the contract of sale and purchase;
- the price must be paid by the buyer to the seller in cleared funds within 7 days following the contract date;
- the seller must acting reasonably make the lot available to the buyer, and the buyer must collect the lot from the seller, within the period of 7 days following the contract date; if the seller incurs additional storage costs as a result a failure of the buyer to collect the vehicle within this period, the buyer must compensate the seller for those costs insofar as they are reasonable;
- VAT due to the taxation authorities in the seller’s jurisdiction will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the listing;
- buyers are responsible for complying with any applicable export or import laws and paying any applicable custom duties relating to the collection or delivery of a lot;
- if the seller agrees to deliver the lot to the buyer, any delivery charges or related charges will only be payable by the buyer if this is expressly and clearly stated in the listing;
- if the seller agrees to deliver the lot to the buyer, the delivery must be made within 30 days following the date the contract of sale comes into force and appropriate means of delivery of products must be used by the seller;
- lots are offered and sold on an “as is” basis, subject to the warranties specified in the listing or mandated by law, if any;
- risk in and title to a product shall pass from the seller to the buyer on the later of: (a) the payment of all amounts due to be paid by the buyer to the seller with respect to that product; and (b) the collection of the product by the buyer or delivery of the product to the buyer;
- if a buyer resells or otherwise disposes of any lot, or purports to resell or otherwise dispose of any lot, the buyer shall hold the proceeds of resale or other disposition on trust for the seller.
Both buyers and sellers undertake to comply with the agreed terms and conditions of sale and purchase as well as these terms and conditions.
Buyers and sellers agree that, where required by law, the provision of Part 4 shall apply to contracts of sale made through our services.
Abarth enthusiasts Angelo Eugenio and his friend Geoffrey Fernandez whizzing down The Strand with two big grins pretty much summarises how all Abarth owners feel when they put their foot down and accelerate! Timed perfectly with “Bella Italia” in the background this translates to “Beautiful Italy”, another moment captured complimenting the roots of the Italian hot hatches and paying homage to its founder Carlo Abarth, this was further proof “The Spirit of The Scorpion” was with us again11 Oct, 2022
Originally held in 1998 to bring back the atmosphere of race meetings that were held there from 1948 to 1966, The Revival has become an annual three day all-vintage marathon that takes place at the Goodwood Motor Circuit in Chichester, England and attracts visitors from all over the world.24 Sep, 2022
On a glorious sunny Sunday morning Abarths came from near and far to enjoy a truly epic day in London. Starting at Battersea Park, the convoy of 9 cars met early and one by one the variety of Abarths appeared in all shapes, sizes and colours. The enthusiast-owned cars were all freshly washed to give London and the world a display as to why the popular Italian cars are so much fun.
In order to understand why Abarth owners are so passionate about their little hot hatches, we must take a step back and recognise the founder of the company Carlo Abarth: a Austrian native from Vienna born as Karl Albert Abarth who later migrated to Italy and adopted the name Carlo Abarth (correctly pronounced by Italians as “EH-BART”). The founding father of the company was bold, brave and a genius in his own right, but also a man who challenged the status quo by not being afraid to take on the big guys. Blessed with a God given mechanical talent and a thirst for speed, in his younger days Carlo Abarth raced motorbikes and would become a five time European Champion – this was even more impressive as Carlo didn’t have a race team behind him, he operated solo and worked on the bikes himself with no support.21 Aug, 2022
The Festival of Speed was back in full force after the long covid break attracting thousands of car enthusiasts from around the world to the historic racetrack in the south coast of England. The theme of for year’s annual event was ‘The Innovators – Masterminds of Motorsport’, which was carefully thought about to display some of the finest cars from each era and showcase their technical advancements in the racing automobile world.
The smell of fuel and burning tyres for petrolheads is music to their ears and the four day event can be considered to be the equivalent of the Glastonbury music festival, with the car parks opening their doors at 6:30am, and the sound of engines revving late in to the evening.
The weekend attracted the biggest names from the motoring world including Sir Jackie Stewart, Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell, and Damon Hill to name a few, as well as celebrities such as Ex footballer David Beckham and famous chef Gordon Ramsey, both of which have their own well regarded car collections.29 Jun, 2022